ASCE presents nearly 100 Society awards every year, recognizing civil engineers who advance the profession either through achievement or published papers.
The most recent Society awards are:
• Gregory B. Baecher, Ph.D., P.E, NAE, M.ASCE, with the 2021 Karl Terzaghi Lecture
• Anshel J. Schiff, Ph.D., M.ASCE, with the 2020 Le Val Lund Award for Practicing Lifeline Risk Reduction Award
• Nicos Makris and Mehrdad Aghagholizadeh, Ph.D., EIT, S.M.ASCE, with the 2020 J. James R. Croes Medal
• Amanda A. Tanaka, P.E., M.ASCE, with the 2020 Edmund Friedman Young Engineer Award for Professional Achievement
• Robert B. Sowby, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, with the Daniel W. Mead Prize for Younger Members
• University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Civil, Structural & Environmental Engineering (Large Program) with the 2020 Walter LeFevre Award
• Pearce Ferriter, S.M.ASCE, with the 2020 Daniel W. Mead Prize for Students
• Bernard G. Dennis Jr., M.ASCE, with the 2020 Civil Engineering History and Heritage Award
• Lesley C. Ewing, Ph.D., P.E., D.CE, M.ASCE, with the 2020 Orville T. Magoon Sustainable Coasts Award
• Kyung Doug Suh, Ph.D., D.CE, with the 2020 International Coastal Engineering Award
• Ran Cao, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE; Anil K. Agrawal, P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE; Sherif El-Tawil, P.E., F.ASCE; Xiaochen Xu; and Waider Wong with the 2020 Wellington Prize
• Steven A. Hughes, Ph.D., P.E., D.CE, M.ASCE, with the 2020 John G. Moffatt–Frank E. Nichol Harbor and Coastal Engineering Award
Learn more about the full array of annual ASCE awards and how you can nominate worthy recipients.