This week, ASCE News celebrates Earth Day with a series of stories about sustainability and green engineering. Check ASCE News each day for updates and visit ASCE’s hub of sustainability resources, where you can take action to engineer a sustainable future.
Earth Day is a perfect time to re-up your commitment to sustainable engineering and sustainable living. Here are some ways to get started learning more and doing more.
1. Discover 4 Futuristic Green Airport Approaches as demonstrated by Envision-awarded projects.
2. Envision training workshops can unlock a ‘New Approach’ to Sustainable Engineering.
3. A systems approach to design made for a new, sustainable Times Square Plaza.
4. Tour the sustainable infrastructure of the nation’s capital with ASCE’s Younger Member Leaders.
5. These 5 Essential Green Engineering Innovations show the possibilities for sustainability in civil engineering to be endless.
1. Register for the World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, May 21-25 in Sacramento, CA.
2. Sign up for an On-Demand Webinar about sustainability.
3. Get your ENV SP certification.
4. Join your local ASCE sustainability committee.
5. Learn more about the 2017 International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure, Oct. 26-28 in Brooklyn.
6. Find an Earth Day activity near you.
7. Celebrate Earth Day by virtually adopting a piece of Earth as seen from space through NASA’s Adopt the Planet program.