ASCE presents nearly 100 Society awards every year, recognizing civil engineers who advance the profession either through achievement or published papers.
The most recent Society awards, as approved by the ASCE Executive Committee, include honors for a former Region 8 Governor and a rehabilitation project in Burbank, CA.
• Innovation in Sustainable Engineering Award – City of Burbank Water and Power EcoCampus
• Professional Practice Ethics and Leadership Award – Kancheepuram N. “Guna” Gunalan
• ASCE President’s Medal – Marc A. Edwards, and Roger M. Millar Jr.
• ASCE Presidents’ Award – Anthony S. Bartolomeo
• William H. Wisely American Civil Engineer Award – Marsha D. Anderson Bomar, Anna H. Autio, Douglas J. Sereno
ASCE accepts nominations throughout the year for various awards and honors. Oct. 1 is a major deadline, with 19 different honors cutting off nominations on that date. Learn more about each award and submit a nomination, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.