The Board of Direction of the American Society of Civil Engineers elected a new class of Distinguished Members. The Class of 2015 will be inducted as Distinguished Members on Monday, Oct. 12, in New York City at the ASCE Annual Convention, Oct. 10-14, 2015.
Members of the Class of 2015 are:
- Lawrence C. Bank, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE
- Paul F. Boulos, Ph.D., Hon.D.WRE, Dist.D.NE, Dist.M.ASCE, NAE
- Rafael L. Bras, Sc.D., P.E., Hon.D.WRE, Dist.M.ASCE
- Barry J. Goodno, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, Dist.M.ASCE
- Thomas T. Hsu, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE
- Thomas J. R. Hughes, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE, NAS, NAE
- David T. (Tom) Iseley, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE
- Roberto T. Leon, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, Dist.M.ASCE
- Sue McNeil, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE
- Ronald M. Noble, P.E., D.CE, D.PE, D.WRE, Dist.M.ASCE
- Vijay P. Singh, Ph.D., D.Sc., P.E., PH, Hon.D.WRE, F.EWRI, Dist.M.ASCE
- Pol D. Spanos, Ph.D., P.E., F.EMI, Dist.M.ASCE, NAE
- George Z. Voyiadjis, D.Eng.Sc., F.EMI, Dist.M.ASCE, F.AAM
An ASCE Distinguished Member is one who has attained eminence in some branch of engineering or in the arts and sciences related thereto; the honor is open to both practitioners and academics. As of 2015, only 661 Distinguished Members have been elected to this honor.