The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) stands at the forefront of a profession that plans, designs, constructs, and operates society’s economic and social engine—the built environment. ASCE embraces that responsibility by serving its members, the civil engineering profession, and the public.
With more than 150,000 members in all civil engineering disciplines, across all public, private, and educational sectors, and at all points of their career paths, ASCE:
- Advances civil engineering technology;
- Provides the tools for lifelong learning and career growth;
- Promotes the profession and influences public policy;
- Develops and supports civil engineer leaders; and
- Advocates infrastructure and environmental stewardship.
Through the expertise of its active membership and staff, ASCE is the world’s largest publisher of civil engineering content in the world, a leading provider of technical and professional conferences and continuing education, and a frontrunner in developing codes and standards that protect the public. The Society serves ASCE members’ technical specialties through membership in one of nine dynamic Institutes.
ASCE News highlights news of the Society, provides leadership perspectives, promotes the profession, and explores career growth.