ASCE and our members have eagerly celebrated National Engineers Week this year, including outreach events nationwide, expressions in social media, and most notably, the announcement of the 2016 class of ASCE New Faces of Civil Engineering – College.
These New Faces represent the future of civil engineering, and given this group’s remarkable accomplishments and personalities, that future would appear to be in good hands.
Get to know each of the 10 New Faces in profiles with ASCE News:
• Cody Dodge, S.M.ASCE, California State University, Long Beach
• Yijie Gao, S.M.ASCE, Northern Arizona University
• Rachel Grafman, S.M.ASCE, University of Maryland
• Zane McGhee, S.M.ASCE, University of South Carolina
• Steven Mezzacappa, S.M.ASCE, Pennsylvania State University
• Gabriel Gerardo Rojas Perez, S.M.ASCE, University of Massachusetts Lowell
• Micah Strauss, S.M.ASCE, University of Massachusetts Lowell
• Jill Vande Boom, S.M.ASCE, Milwaukee School of Engineering
• Juan Agustin Uliarte Victoria, S.M.ASCE, Technical University of Brunswick
• Gary Wallace Jr., S.M.ASCE, Morgan State University
The DiscoverE foundation oversees National Engineers Week and its programs. One of ASCE’s New Faces will be selected by DiscoverE for inclusion as the civil engineering representative among its overall New Faces of Engineering, featuring students of all specialties. DiscoverE will announce the honorees on April 4.
Catch up with the ASCE New Faces of Civil Engineering – Professional Edition.